Motivation

Motivation + Action = Success

This time of the year it’s very easy for motivation levels to fall… While we’ve had an amazing holiday break, it now feels like an eternity ago! Consequently it can be tough to stay inspired to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Here’s what I do to keep motivation up, energy up and action levels up!

Do What You Love

There’s nothing harder than having to get up every single day and do work you hate. I did exactly that for nearly 10 years because I felt trapped with a huge student loan and not knowing what to do. Ultimately, it sucked the enjoyment, happiness and motivation from my life.

To feel motivated we have to love what we do. I know that’s easier said than done… I knew what I didn’t want, but I had now idea what I did want. Finally I hired a coach, found my passion and created an amazing business that fills me up.

80/20 Rule 

I believe I’m winning at the game of life if I can wake up 80% of the time, feel amazing and be excited for my day. The other 20%, well, I give myself permission to have a sh!t day. And you know what? When I do, the day usually turns around and ends up being okay.

I live by the 80/20 rule in all areas of my life. With food, I eat amazingly well at home which is more than 80% of the time and when I go out I have whatever I want, without the guilt. I exercise around 5 days a week (doing something I love) and the other days I don’t worry. With work, I always make sure I have 2 days off and only work 1 evening per week.

Where Our Focus Goes, Energy Flows  

I had one of these 20% days last week where I just couldn’t be bothered. I started questioning myself, my decisions and actions. My focus was on everything that had gone ‘wrong‘ so my motivation, energy and drive was low. I allowed myself to be that way all day, until my husband started pointing out all the amazing things that had gone ‘right‘ because of the decisions I made and the action I took. Which of course, changed my focus, put things in perspective and changed the end to my day.

All I ask is that today, you do the best work of your life. 

–   Steve Jobs 

It’s The Little Things – 1 percenters I call them 

Stress is at an all-time high for everyone. Because we’re stressed we usually get overwhelmed and ‘check-out’. We do nothing or we do just enough to get by but always have this list hanging over us.

Motivation comes from feeling like we’ve achieved. Start taking action on the little tasks first thing in the morning. It’s one step at a time. I start with making my bed. It’s extremely simple but when it’s tidy and done, that’s one thing I’ve achieved already. Making me feel organised, successful and wanting to achieve more throughout the day.

Over time this habit develops and this accomplished feeling will overflow into more important things in life.

Get Big Picture 

Get clear on the vision for your life. We have to know where we’re going. If we don’t, we’ll never get there. It’s like jumping in the car and not knowing the destination. You’ll just keep driving and never get there.

Put aside time to just think. Think about what you want and WHY you want it. Ask yourself, what will this give me?

The result of understanding why I want something, knowing exactly what it will give me and remembering this when the going gets tough, keeps me going.

P.S. If don’t know what you want, if you just can’t seem to increase your motivation and take action, contact us and get crystal clear on your vision, start creating key milestone objectives for you to implement and take that action to make it happen!

Love Mich x

Write a comment